Linux accounts will be deleted two months after card expiry. During this period:
- You will not be able to log in for interactive computing or access to your files, so any material of value should be copied elsewhere before your card expiry date.
- You will not be able to access your files through other means such as scp.
- Your files will become accessible again if the account is renewed within two months and you re-request linux access.
If you would like to keep any of your files you must save these before your card expires.
- Files can be copied using a secure FTP client such as SSH.
- If you have network access to another secure system, the scp (secure copy) command can be used. This has facilities for copying multiple files or directory trees in a single command.