A new version of Online Surveys V3 will be released during September 2023.
- Accounts on the V3 system will be created for all active Online Survey users
- You will be able to log in to both systems until 29 February 2024
- You will be able to create new surveys in either system until late October 2023
- It will be possible to migrate a survey’s design from the V2 to the V3 system
- It is possible to export survey data from the V2 system until 29 February 2024
There is further information on Migration for Online Surveys Admins.
Online Surveys overview
JISC Online Surveys (formerly Bristol Online Survey - BOS) is an easy-to-use online tool for creating, distributing and analysing surveys. It is entirely web-based with no limits on the number of surveys you can create or the number of respondents you can have. It also allows surveys to be shared and supports collaborative survey development. Visit the Online Surveys support web site for more information.
How to get access
IT Services manage an organisation-wide licence for Online Surveys and any student, staff member or academic visitor can request an account for creating surveys via IT self service.
Online Surveys Account
The University's Information Security Team have assessed the data security statement for the Online Surveys service. Based on the service's ISO27001 certification and pertinent additional security measures the Information Security Team can recommend the service for gathering confidential data. However, survey owners still need to consider data privacy requirements with respect to GDPR and the University.