This page provides links for the different methods of accessing the University's wireless service for members of the University, visitors or IT staff. While IT Services provides the central infrastructure to allow departments and colleges to provide a standard set of wireless services, the devolved nature of the University means that each department and college makes the decision whether or not to offer wireless networking and which services it will offer.
Those new to wireless networking may wish to read a short introduction.
Are you a student/academic/staff?
Are you a visitor?
There are three ways of accessing the wireless system:
- If you have eduroam in your home organisation and are setup to use it then we strongly recommend that you use this.
- If you are an education related visitor (without eduroam access) or are 'sponsored' by a College or Department you are visiting,then please see OWL Visitor access for details.
- If you are a member of the general public you can access the wireless network using "The Cloud" (as it will be presented on your device) in subscribing locations.
Notes on using The Cloud:
- You must create an account with The Cloud, or sign in to an existing Cloud account, before using The Cloud.
- Oxford University IT Services does NOT provide user support for The Cloud. User support is available in the form of webpages at: http://www.thecloud.net/
- Content filtering is applied so not all websites/services will be available via The Cloud.
- The Cloud is only available in subscribing locations.
Are you a member of IT Support staff?
Find out about ways of deploying wireless in your college or department and learn about available options in our ITSS wireless pages.
Wireless is available at the following locations.