OxPoints is an RDF dataset of geolinking information for the University of Oxford.
The OxPoints dataset consists of names, postal addresses, web addresses and co-ordinates (latitude and longitude) for all the departments, colleges and other buildings/units of the University, along with some of the relationships between them.
Notice: OxPoints is read-only
OxPoints is no longer being actively maintained, and the dataset editor has been retired. For critical updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OxPoints dataset summary
The OxPoints dataset provides good coverage of the following types of geolocational data:
- Site (a contiguous space containing buildings or other such entities)
- Division (academic or administrative division of the University, e.g. Humanities; Academic Services and University Collections)
Each object type has an associated class in the OxPoints namespace (previously published at http://ns.ox.ac.uk/namespace/oxpoints/2009/02/owl#).
OxPoints also recognises the following additional types, although coverage of all available physical entities is less complete:
- Space (a space within a building, including a set of rooms used for the same function)
- Group (a group of people or team working towards some common goal)
- Image (actually in the FOAF namespace)