|Capture the whole screen
Press Ctrl + PrtScr
|Capture the active window
Press Alt + PrtScr
|Select and capture part of the screen
Press Start + Shift + S to select a region to capture
After any screenshot, simply use Paste (Ctrl + V) to insert the capture into any suitable document including OneNote
|Record a video/screencast (single app)
- Press Start + G to activate the Xbox Game Bar
- Press Ctrl + Alt + R to start recording, and select the microphone if you want to record your speech
- Perform the action you wish to record
- Press Ctrl + Alt + R to stop recording
After a pause (which can be many seconds) a message will appear to confirm that the video clip has been saved. You will find it in your My Videos folders
Note that this method can only record applications - it cannot be used to capture the desktop or multiple apps.
|Record a video/screencast (desktops / multiple apps)
Use the Panopto manual recorder app. On a managed staff PC this is available to install from the Oxford Applications Installer. On a self-managed PC you can install Panopto via Canvas.
|Record a video (webcam / camera)
- Press Start , type camera and select the Camera app
- Select Take Video to start your recording. It can take a few seconds for the recording to start - you'll see the timer counting up when its ready
- Complete your recording
- Select Stop to end your recording. Your video will be saved into your Pictures\Camera Roll folder
NB The Camera app has limited functionality, and you cannot independently select the microphone that it will use. For greater functionality you can use the Panopto manual recorder app (see above).