A standard set of WiFi services are available, though the devolved nature of the University means that each department and college makes the decision on which services it will offer.
Staff and students
There are two ways of accessing WiFi:
- Most users access the internet using eduroam
- You can also access the internet when you connect to OWL and the VPN
There are three ways of accessing WiFi:
- If you have eduroam in your home organisation and are setup to use it, we strongly recommend that you use this and is the most preferred option.
- If you are an education related visitor without eduroam access, or are sponsored by a College or Department you are visiting, it is likely that you can use OWL.
- All other visitors may be able to access WiFi presented as The Cloud, though please note that:
- The Cloud is only available in subscribing locations.
- before using the service you must create or sign into your Sky WiFi account.
- Oxford University IT Services does NOT provide user support for The Cloud, this is available in the form of webpages.
- content filtering is applied so not all websites and services will be available.
IT Support staff
Learn about available options for deploying WiFi in our ITSS wireless pages.
Wireless usage is subject to ICTC Regulations and Wireless Regulations.