Welcome to the Lecture Capture (Replay) homepage. Within this site, you will find helpful information about the Replay service, how the software works, how to install the recorder as well as training material and links to case studies.
The Lecture Capture service (Replay) offers software tools to automatically capture lecture presentations and deliver them securely to students within the University's WebLearn student learning environment. The software is easy to install and use and has recorded thousands of hours of material since January 2014.
To understand how the process works we suggest that you browse the information below and then head over to the Getting Started Guide followed by the Training Material. If you have further questions please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page or the Troubleshooting page. To get in touch with the Replay team by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The service offers regular free face to face training sessions and these are listed on the Replay Training page.
What is Lecture Capture (Replay)?
How Does It Work?
WebLearn provides a ‘gateway’ into the Replay portal, with the following benefits:
- Single Sign On - no need for separate logins into Replay Lecture Capture.
- Secure access for members of the WebLearn site only.
- Lecturers can review, approve and release recordings via the WebLearn tool.
- Students view the recordings via the WebLearn site.
- Recordings are hosted in the cloud. No recordings are stored directly within WebLearn.
- Staff will open their computer and load up their internet browser.
- They will then log into WebLearn using their Single Sign On.
- From here they can click on the link to Replay Lecture Capture.
- This is where lectures or presentations can be recorded.
- Once a recording has finished it will upload to a secure cloud system where the videos are stored.
- The students can then follow the same process to log into Replay Lecture Capture and watch the recordings that have been made for them.