1. To start, log into the Panopto webpage using the VLE (Canvas). From the Panopto homepage, select 'Create' followed by 'Build A Session'.
2. On the new window that opens give the session a name, select the folder location, add a description (optional) then click Create.
3. The editor will now open in Build a session mode, starting with adding your Primary video or audio. This is usually video or audio of the presenter and appears on the upper left side of the viewer. Add video or audio by dragging and dropping the file here, or click to open a file explorer and choose the file from your computer.
Uploading primary streams
This source should have the main audio you want to have for the recording.
- While that uploads you can add one or more secondary sources (often a screen capture video), another primary video feed, or a PowerPoint file.
- You will see that your videos are uploading and processing to the left of the uploading pane.
4. Once the files are uploaded and done processing, the video can be edited like any other video. When you are ready, click 'Apply' in the top right corner.
- You can always go back and manage your session by clicking on the 'Edit' icon next to the session in your folder.
Alligning PowerPoint slides with spoken audio
Once you have uploaded all of the relevant media for your session, you will need to synchronize your slides with your audio. This will allow the slides to automatically advance at the relevant time and not rely on the viewer to manually advance the slides at a guess.
1. Open your video in the Panopto editor.
2. On the editor, click the 'Slides' option on the lefthand side.
3. Click any of the + icons on the slides. This will add the slides as a secondary stream.
4. Click on the timeline where you want a slide to start. This will leave a red line. Then click the + icon on the slide you would like to start at that time.
- Repeat step 4 for all slides. The timing of each slide can be fine tuned by hovering over the slide in the 'Slides' tab and clicking edit. This will allow you to manually change the time value.