This is a combination error. To fault find, please check point 1 below before raising a ticket if required in point 2 below.
This error occurs because:
1. The extension format has been entered incorrectly:
The extension must be entered in the correct format as follows:
Frequent examples of extension format input errors that will NOT register:
- 441865212345 - last 5-digits prefixed by 2 (when should be a 6, i.e. 441865612345)
- 00441865612345 - incorrect leading 00
- 01865612345 - incorrect 0 instead of 44
- 12345 - only 5 digits entered
First, factory reset the device:
Follow these steps to perform a factory reset of the Unify phone:
- Hold 289 keys down at the same time.
- The phone will then ask for a reset password.
- Type 124816, press OK, and the phone will reset back to asking for the terminal number.
Next, enter the university extension number (terminal number), in the format:
2. The phone is missing some configuration detail which can only be solved by contacting the Chorus team.
To help the support team fix this, please get the IP address, and include this in the incident raising an RG2 RS2 fault.