Applies to: managed staff desktops and laptops
You may see a notification advising that updates have failed, usually titled "Unable to make changes to your software".
Software Centre shows that updates have failed.
- Select Start , type software centre and press Enter to open Software Centre, then select the Installation status section
- If this says "no items found" then all available updates have installed OK
- If updates are listed with a status of "Failed" then follow the solution below
- Select Start > Power > Restart to restart your PC, then sign-in again
- Open Software Centre and select the Updates section
- If this says "no items found" then all updates have now installed OK
- If there are updates listed then select "Update all" at the top and wait for updates to complete
- Select Restart if prompted (only after all the updates have been attempted)
- Repeat the steps above until all updates are installed or all remaining updates have failed
- Contact IT Services to report any remaining failed updates. Please tell us the asset number of your PC, and a convenient time when you can sign-out of Windows but leave your PC turned on. We will connect remotely to investigate and fix the issue