Panopto’s simple in-video quizzing capabilities help test comprehension, reinforce key concepts, improve knowledge retention, and make videos more engaging. This guide will go through how to add Quizzes into finished lecture recordings using the Panopto online editor.
1. Open your chosen session in the Panopto editor.
- You must have creator rights of the video to open in the editor.
- To open in the editor, hover over the session andselect 'Edit'.
2. Click in the timeline to navigate to the place in the video where you would like to insert a quiz. The red vertical line will indicate where the quiz will be added in the video.
3. In the left Navigation menu (lefthand side), click on 'Quizzes' then select 'Add a Quiz'.
4. A quiz window will appear in your secondary stream window where you can fill in the details for your quiz. Within the form, you can select the drop-down menu in the top right corner to show different types of quiz questions. The quiz options include True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, and Fill In the Blank. The default is multiple choice .
- Multiple Choice: Gives you the option to have several answers present, but only one answer can be chosen as correct. When the option is first chosen, there will only be two answer fields. Another answer field can be added by clicking the "Add Answer..." button. You need to have the correct answer selected before adding another question. To remove an answer you can click on the X next to any of the Answers
- Fill In the Blank: Gives you the option to ask questions that require users to fill in answers to the question. The prompt will ask for the correct answer to be provided.
- True/False: Gives you the option to ask a True or False question.
- Multiple Select: Gives you the option to have several answers present and more than one can be selected as correct.
- You can use the Back and Next buttons to navigate to a different question in your quiz, and 'Add a Question' button to Add a new question.
5. Once you have added all of your questions, click the Done button at the bottom of the form. You will then be directed to the Options page for this Quiz. In this page, you can:
Allow viewers to retake the Quiz
Show grade after taking this quiz (If this is enabled you can also allow review of correct answers and explanations)
Allow review of correct answers and explanations
Block advancing in the video until answering this quiz
Delete questions by clicking the Xs
Reorganize the questions by using the arrows
6. Once you are finished, click the Finish button. The name of your quiz will now appear in the Quizzing pane.
- Repeat these steps for each quiz you want to add to your session. When you are finished, click Publish. During playback, when it is time for a Quiz the video will pause until the question(s) is/are answered.