This guide will demonstrate how to split a recording using a copying technique. The original recording will form Part A and the copy will form Part B.
1. Create a copy (or as many as needed) of the recording. Hover over the recording to reveal a small tick box in the top left of the recording's icon. This will then reveal a 'Copy' option next to the folder organisation options. Click 'Copy'.
2. On the new window that has opened, use the dropdown menu to select the folder you wish to copy to. Once a folder has been selected, click the blue 'Copy' button. (This will not show until a folder has been selected.)
Copy session tips
- It is best to use the same folder you are copying from to easier keep a record of the recordings.
- After you have clicked the blue 'Copy' button, you may close the new window.
- Copied recordings need a couple of minutes to reprocess.
3. You will now notice that you have 2 copies with the exact names within your folder. Select the first recording in the list (this is the copy). Open the settings for the copy and change the name. Under 'Session Information', click the edit option by the name. Add a new title (or suffix the original name with 'copy') and click save. Close this window.
4. Open the original recording in the editor. The original recording will become part A
5. In the editor, grey out the second half of the recording using the scissors tool. Once you have isolated the section you wish to form part A, press apply and close the editor.
6. Open the copy in the editor. This will become part B. Grey out the first half of the recording, apply and close the editor.
7. Finally, using guidance from step 3, rename the recording and the copy to distinguish between the two parts.