To update the call queue members (add or remove) there are different ways, depending on how the queue is set up.
- For all additional members added the prerequisite is that the member to add needs to be on Telephony over Teams (in order to handle calls) - this can be done in phoneman by your local phone administrator.
Once a member has ToT they can then be added to the queue. In most cases, this can be done on the Teams desktop app:
If the queue is using Attendant, Round Robin, Longest Idle or unordered Serial routing then the team is in the call queue so the member just needs to be added to the team. To do this:
- Find the team tile (this is the team that was put in the queue on set-up) on the Teams desktop app
- Click on the three dots on the top right of the tile
- Select 'Manage team', then add or remove the member as required
If a team is in the queue as above and a member needs to remain in the team but not in the queue, an alternative is to get that member to toggle out of the call queue (opt-out) so the call is never presented to the member; please see 'How to accept calls and opting in/out of receiving calls' in the section above.
If the queue is using ordered serial routing, then the individual members are added to the queue (there is no team in the queue so cannot be done on the Teams desktop app). To do this:
- Raise a Service Request for Call Queues and Auto Attendants
- On the 'I need to' drop-down select 'Make a change to an existing Call Queue or Auto Attendant', and fill in the required entries
- In the Changes required textbox, please list the members to add/remove and the requested order of the members