A Remote Access account is used to access:
- the eduroam WiFi service.
- the VPN (Virtual Private Network) service.
Further details can be found on the Remote Access Account page.
The rules the Remote Access password must follow are that it:
- must include at least one character from three of the following:
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Digits (0-9)
- Punctuation characters (such as &'^!."[,]-+)
- must contain between 10 and 24 characters.
- must contain at least five different characters.
- must not contain backslashes, backticks, spaces, single quotes or double quotes.
- must not be a dictionary word or a name.
- must not be a subset or superset of your current password.
- must not be based on your SSO username.
- must not be the same as your SSO password.
CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
Your Remote Access password's expiry date is set to your University card's current expiry date whenever the password is changed.