Change your password
Your Remote Access password's expiry date is set to your University card's current expiry date whenever the password is changed.
The rules the Remote Access password must follow are that it:
- must include at least one character from three of the following:
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Digits (0-9)
- Punctuation characters (such as &'^!."[,]-+)
- must contain between 10 and 24 characters.
- must contain at least five different characters.
- must not contain backslashes, backticks, spaces, single quotes or double quotes.
- must not be a dictionary word or a name.
- must not be a subset or superset of your current password.
- must not be based on your SSO username.
- must not be the same as your SSO password.
Notice: Special characters
Please note that in some instances, setting a password using too many special characters e.g. $ £ % can cause it to be not recognised. There are also cases where some keyboards have different special characters.
To log in, use your Oxford username in the format of abcd1234@OX.AC.UK
A Remote Access account is used to access:
To use Remote Access, you use your Oxford username and your Remote Access password. A Remote Access account can be created or the password changed through the Self-Registration pages, with any status queries clarified on the card entitlements page.
Further details can be found on the Remote Access Account page.