Teams is a messaging app and digital hub for collaboration within a team, department or project. As well as conversations, it also allows you to share content and to access other apps.
Why use Teams?
Teams is a user-friendly, day-to-day hub for teamwork. It lets you collaborate on projects, tasks and content using integrated apps from Nexus365 like Office Online, OneDrive, Planner and Forms.
Working with a team:
- Collaborate in real time with teams of people working on shared deliverables
- Share and work on content
- Set up Private Channels for selected Team members
- Schedule team meetings
- Keep everyone in the loop through email threads
- Communicate through instant messaging or audio/video chat
- See past content and chat history any time.
Working outside your team:
- Use Chat and share files with other people within the University who have access to Teams.
There are a variety of different Team types available for use and the differences are explained on the Microsoft Teams page.
Microsoft Teams help centre (Microsoft guidance)