Replay training & how-to guides
Follow our step-by-step, online guides or book a place on one of our training sessions
The Replay team has created many guides on using Panopto (scroll down for these) and offers free training and workshops via Microsoft Teams to departments and individuals wishing to enhance their skills using the lecture capture service.
There are two training sessions available, one for beginners and one for those who are already familiar with Panopto and want to learn more.
For beginners: new dates for Week 0 coming soon
For users who are more familiar with Panopto: new dates for Week 0 coming soon
All of the following video guides will take you away from the Replay help site and open in Panopto, which we use to record and host our recordings:
Panopto for Beginners (recorded Teams Webinar)
A recording of 'Panopto for Beginners' training session, delivered in April 2020, which covers the basics of getting started with Panopto.
How to edit a recording in Panopto
A training video that covers editing a recording (using the browser-based online Panopto editor) is available here: How to edit a recording in Panopto
NB: Editing Panopto recordings is non-destructive and any video edits to recordings can be undone.
How to move a video to a specific Canvas course
A training video that covers the task of moving videos to a specific course is available here: Moving Panopto videos to a Canvas course site
How to webcast using the Panopto Manual Recorder
Panopto Manual Recorder can be used to webcast a presentation. Webcasting via Panopto is a one-way live stream of your lecture. A screencast is available on how to do this using the Manual Recorder
To browse all of our recorded training sessions and pre-recorded how-to videos, please visit our Panopto Training Videos page
If you prefer to read and follow step-by-step instructions then you may find our how-to guides below helpful.
Clicking one of the topics opens the guide on a new page:
- Panopto essentials
- Editing Panopto recordings
- Editing out the beginning, ending or sections of a recording
- Editing captions
- Adding a clip (inserting an existing recording into another)
- Adding, deleting, or replacing a presentation slide in an existing session (PowerPoint or Keynote)
- Increasing the overall audio level of a recording
- Merging recordings in Panopto
- Splitting a Panopto recording
- Embedding a YouTube video into a Panopto recording
- Removing or hiding a webcam stream (available soon)
- Embedding interactive quizzes in Panopto recordings
- Replay Tips & Tricks
- Panopto in Canvas integration
Remote Recorder - on a PC for lecture rooms:
- Recommendations for student IT equipment: home and college use
- Recommendations for recording equipment: home and office use
- Recommended Equipment
- AV and lecture capture: guidance for teaching spaces
There are more video how-to guides available to help you get set-up with Replay on our Video Training Material page.
Alternatively, if you are having issues or problems recording please refer to the Troubleshooting section which lays out existing error messages. If your issues are not solved through this please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Local IT and administration staff provide your first line of Lecture Capture support
For more complex queries, contact the central Replay Lecture Capture team